Sorghum Barfi Recipe
- Serves: 15 People
- Prep Time: 0
- Cooking: 30
- Calories: 0
- Difficulty: easy
Apart from Halwas and Ladoos, one of the most famous Indian sweets are Barfis. A favourite among the vast repertoire of Indian sweets is none other than barfi. Cut into neat cubes, triangles or diamonds
- Take a medium sized heavy bottomed pan and roast sorghum flour on a low flame until it turns a light golden color.
- Keep it aside in a bowl and allow it to cool.
- Take one glass of water in a pan. Add jaggery blocks to the pan and heat on medium flame.
- Keep heating till jaggery melts in the water and keep stirring till syrup turns sticky.
- Once it is sticky, add roasted sorghum flour, cardamom powder, milk and ghee in to the syrup.
- Stir continuously for 6 to 7 minutes on a low flame.
- Spread it in a greased plate and cut it in to small pieces.
- Garnish with chopped cashew nuts or coconut powder.