Ragi Vada Recipe
Finger Millet 307
- Serves: 20 People
- Prep Time: 285
- Cooking: 30
- Calories: 0
- Difficulty: easy
Vada is a category of savoury fried snacks from India. Different types of vadas can be described variously as fritters, cutlets, doughnuts, or dumplings. Alternative names for this food include wada, vade, vadai, wadeh and bara.
- Wash blackgram thoroughly with water till it is clean.
- Mix fenugreek seeds with washed blackgram and soak the mix for 4 hours.
- Grind the soaked mix till batter turns into smooth batter.
- Add finger millet powder and salt to the batter and mix them well.
- Allow the batter to ferment for 45 mins.
- Chop onion, greenchilli and coriander leaves and keep them aside in a bowl.
- Grate mango ginger and add to the bowl.
- Mix all the chopped vegetables and grated mango-ginger, curry leaves, cumin seeds to the finger millet batter and mix it well.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Make small round balls and flattened it.
- Deep fry it in hot oil in a medium flame till they turn brown in colour.
- Serve hot with chutney.
- (you can add 1/4th tbs baking powder instead of fenugreek seeds for better fermentation.)