Little Millet Enduri Pitha Recipe
Little Millet Enduri Pitha
- Serves: 12 People
- Prep Time: 480
- Cooking: 25
- Calories: 0
- Difficulty: easy
Enduri Pitha is a variety of pitha made in the Indian state of Odisha mostly in the northern and central region. Ingredients are turmeric leaves, black gram, rice flour, coconut, jaggery, black pepper. Enduri is mostly prepared during Prathamastami and Manabasa Gurubara.
- Wash and soak little millet rice and blackgram in separate bowls for 4 hours.
- After soaking, mix both and then grind into a thick batter. Add salt to batter.
- Leave the batter for fermentation for about 4 hours.
- Step 1: For filling
- Take a medium sized pan and put the fresh grated coconut and jaggery.
- Heat it on a low flame and stir fry for 4 to 5 minutes till it becomes little dry.
- Add green cardamom and black-pepper powder and continue heating on low flame for another 2 minutes.
- Put this mix aside in a bowl and let it cool.
- Step 2: Pitha
- Take one whole medium sized green turmeric leaf.
- Put a little batter on the leaf and flatten the same.
- Then put the required quantity of stuffing on the batter and fold the turmeric leaf across the lengthwise in such a way that the stuffing gets sandwiched.
- Tie a thread around the folded leaf and ensure batter is not leaking.
- Then steam it in a idli maker with turmeric leaf.
- Serve hot.