Kodo Millet Chakuli Recipe
Kodo Millet Chakuli
Kodo Millet 333
- Serves: 16 People
- Prep Time: 420
- Cooking: 30
- Calories: 0
- Difficulty: easy
Chakuli is a type of dosa from South Odisha. Unlike a typical dosa, which is crisp and crepe-like, chakuli is a thick pancake, with toppings.
- Wash and soak Kodo millet rice in water for 4 hours in a bowl.
- Mix fenugreek seeds with blackgram and soak it for 4 hours in a separate bowl.
- Add little water to Kodo millet rice and grind it till it turns into paste and keep it a bowl.
- Add little water to blackgram-fenugreek seeds mix and grind it till it becomes paste.
- Mix both blackgram batter and Kodo millet rice batter. Add salt to the batter.
- Ferment the mix for 3 hours. In winter, ferment it overnight.
- Heat dosa making tawa.
- Pour the batter thickly on it, spread with spoon in a round shape.
- Cook it for 4 to 5 minute . Chakuli is ready.
- Serve hot with curry/chutney.
- (you can add grated gajar in top with chopped onion) .