Foxtail Millet Vada Recipe
Foxtail Millet Vada
- Serves: 15 People
- Prep Time: 480
- Cooking: 30
- Calories: 0
- Difficulty: easy
The crispy, fried, savoury doughnut-like rounds of millet vada are served with piping hot sambhar curry, chilled coconut chutney and garlic
- Wash and soak foxtail millet rice in water for 4 hours in a bowl.
- Mix fenugreek seeds with blackgram and soak it for 4 hours in a separate bowl.
- Add little water to foxtail millet rice and grind it till it turns into paste and keep it a bowl.
- Add little water to blackgram-fenugreek seeds mix and grind it till it becomes paste.
- Mix both blackgram batter and foxtail millet rice batter.
- Ferment the mix for 4 hours. In winter, ferment it overnight.
- Mix chopped onion, Suji, green chilli, coriander leafs, cumin seeds, curry leaves, salt to the fermented batter and mix it well.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Make small round balls and flatten it with hand.
- Deep fry it in hot oil till they turn brown in colour.
- Serve hot with Sambar/chutney.
- (You can also prepare vada with kodo millet rice, Proso millet rice, Banyard millet rice and little millet rice with this process.)